So its New Years Eve, so I decided that I would post something reflecting on 2006 and looking forward to 2007. I think I’ve missed off loads of items but these are the main points which have stuck out for me.
- Attended DDD3
- Obtained MCTS (Microsoft Certified Technology Specialist): Web Applications
- Read GTD (Getting Things Done, David Allen) which, although hasn’t helped much with Uni has helped with other parts of my life.
- Finished my placement year, enjoyed the year – throughout all the ups and downs. Created some very good applications, while also making some mistakes but I have grown and improved as a result.
- Read loads of books, too many to list here. Main one I was impressed with was Craig Larman’s Applying UML and Patterns
- Started working on the MbUnit project
- Started to attend the NxtGenUG
- Became a Microsoft Student Partner. Very proud of this 🙂
- Attended DDD4
- Appeared on the DDD4 video on Channel 9
- Got an XBox 360
- Talked to some great people over the year, listened to some great presentations.
- Been a Vista Beta Tester and got a free copy
- Started to blog, which has been move successful than I first imagined.
Some items for the start of 2007:
- Release some applications. I want to stop just developing POC and release something useful to the world. Got loads of ideas, just need to convert it into something useful.
- Hold a vista launch event on campus as part of my MSP year.
- Do more MbUnit work
- Improve my WPF and WPF/E knowledge
- Improve my Linq knowledge
- Get a graduate job somewhere…
- Attend more NxtGenUG meetings
- Present @ DDD4/DDD5? Maybe just at a NxtGenUG event
- Get to know more people
- Spend more time with Sarah (Girlfriend)
- Blog more
- Submit a Imagine Cup entry
- Create screencasts/articles on new topics
- Oh yeah, graduating might be an important one 🙂
Think that covers what I plan to do for the first few months of 2007. After that – who knows 🙂
btw. Sure I’ve missed off really important items – sorry.