After downloading and installing all the new bits onto my Orcas VPC, first thing I did was create a new Hello World Silverlight application and set the Canvas to Red. Nothing appeared under intellisense like I was expecting, I’ll blog about this later, so I hit F5 and nothing came up.
I then loaded a sample and the same thing happened.
After a moment or two, I realised that Windows 2003 has it’s IE security settings set to high, blocking most things happening – which definitely blocks Silverlight from executing either locally or remotely.
Simple fix is to change the security setting in IE (Tools > Options> Security) to ‘Default Level’ which is Medium. You should then still have a safe browsing experience, together with Silverlight being able to execute.