“This tool is aimed at generating test data for SQL Server databases. It can either generate data from scratch or import from existing sources of data.(Like SQL tables or CSV files.)
– Full SQL Server 2000 and 2005 support
– All data types supported except CLR types
– Pre & Post Scripts execution
– Command-line access version
– Import data from CSV or SQL tables
– Customizable generator settings that allow configuring the amount of nulls, unique values, minimum and maximum values, etc..
– Diverse range of inbuilt generators
The product is not yet complete, and we are looking for user feedback about what features and or functionality you would like in the final product.
*The beta version is set to work until 11 Apr 2008. “
This is a free open beta with the application due to expire on 11 April 2008 with a planned final released sometime before then.
What we really want now is for everyone to use the software and provide us with feedback for the final version. Please let us know on the forums what you like and don’t like about the software and what we could do to solve all of your data generation problems!
Visit http://www.red-gate.com/MessageBoard/viewtopic.php?t=6140 for the announcement and download URL
Product page – http://www.red-gate.com/Products/SQL_Data_Generator/
UPDATE: We have just released Beta 2 of the application, please visit the product page for more information and to download.