VMWare have announced availability of VMWare 6.0 beta, well I’ve only just noticed.
- Support for Windows Vista – Use Windows Vista as host operating system
- Multiple monitor display – You can configure a VM to span multiple monitors, or multiple VMs to each display on separate monitors
- Integrated Virtual Debugger – Workstation integrates with Visual Studio and Eclipse so you can deploy, run, and debug programs in a VM directly from your preferred IDE
- Automation APIs (VIX API 2.0) – You can write scripts and programs to automate VM testing
- Headless mode – You can run VMs in the background without the Workstation UI
More info at http://www.vmware.com/wsbeta
I’m very interested in the integrated virtual debugger, sounds like it would be great when testing and debugging on non-standard environments. Headless mode also sounds cool when you just require SQL Server or a domain controller for testing purposes in the background. Download for Windows is 167mb.